A restful sleep each night is one of the necessities for living a healthy life, but unfortunately, everyone will encounter sleep problems at one point or another. One of the main causes of a disruptive sleep is snoring, and this is a serious issue, for it can affect the sleep of your partner and other family members too. Read on to find out seven ways to treat snoring, from lifestyle changes to anti snoring devices that can help fix the problem for good.
– Try sleeping sideways. This is the quickest and one of the most effective methods to ease snoring. Lying on your side keeps the base of the tongue and palate from resting against the rear part of the throat, thereby avoiding muscular vibrations when you breathe in and out in your sleep.
– Lose excess weight by eating a nutritious diet and getting regular exercise. This is probably nature’s safest anti snoring device, for being overweight has been proven to lead to obstructive sleep apnea. Studies show that the more fat accumulates around the neck, the more the throat is obstructed, leading to snoring. Exercise also works the body so you are more likely to get a good night’s rest without experiencing sleep problems.
– Avoid drinking any drinks containing alcohol at least six hours before bedtime, for alcohol relaxes and desensitizes the muscles around the throat in your sleep, leading some people who don’t normally snore to start doing so when they are drunk.
– Observe a sleep ritual of going to bed and waking up at roughly the same time every day. There is no such thing as “sleep debt,” for lost sleep is lost sleep and cannot be recovered the next day. Going to sleep utterly exhausted also makes it more likely for your throat and mouth muscles to relax too much and lead to snoring.
– Treat allergic rhinitis or any sinus problems. If the nasal passages are clogged, the body will switch to breathing through the mouth. Keep your bedroom as clean and dust-free as possible to avoid allergic reactions from dust. Ask your doctor for antihistamines or a nasal spray. A saline nasal flush each night before bed can also help clear your nostrils and make you breathe easier.
– Contoured pillows specially made to provide the right amount of support to the neck and the head while sleeping can do wonders to ease snoring, but it may take a while for you to find the right match. Ask your doctor for advice on finding the right contoured pillow if you want to buy anti snoring devices, especially if you have neck, shoulder, and back problems.
– You can get a special anti-snoring mouth guard custom-made just for you. The mouth guard is designed to keep your throat open and unobstructed, effectively reducing snoring by keeping the pharynx and the palate from vibrating and getting blocked. The best mouth guard is known as the Snoreguard, which is personalized to fit you by using impressions of your teeth and jaw. Read http://snorex.com.au/anti-snoring-devices-brisbane-qld
You don’t have to resign yourself to dealing with snoring each night, for with the best anti snoring devices around as well as the safe lifestyle tips above, you can start getting that uninterrupted sleep you deserve each night from now on!